Friday, May 20, 2011

unnecessary sugar

Another post about sugar, I know...

My girlfriend and I were talking this week about how the kids get sugary snacks at preschool. This week, my daughter came home from preschool and told me she had "ariel's". I had no idea what she was talking about and after a little investigation, (finding black cookie crumbs all over her bow that she had chewed on) I figured out they had given them Oreo cookies for a snack. OREO COOKIES?!?!?! How is that a snack? I was actually kind of pissed. Granted, I am really pregnant and maybe overly emotional, I just don't understand why they can't have a healthy snack.

Another girlfriend of mine has kids in a different school and they have a no sugar policy, which I love. The question is, how do you institute that policy? I feel like I want to do something, but I don't know what and I don't want to offend anyone, but if my daughter comes home with partially hydrogenated cupcake frosting all over her face one more time, I might lose it!!!

What are your kid's schools policies on snacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment