Tuesday, May 10, 2011

lunch break

I've been trying to get my kids to eat more whole foods and less macaroni and cheese, pizza, grilled cheese, etc. I found a cute idea from a blog for a ready made snack tray to keep in the fridge. I prepared everything last night and ended up letting the kids pick a few different things for lunch today. The snack tray consists of cut up bell peppers, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and celery sticks and a few hard boiled eggs (all organic of course!) I also always have a bowl of cleaned and cut up strawberries in the fridge.

The kids each had a hard boiled egg, some cucumber slices, some strawberry slices and some celery sticks with peanut butter. The kids ate everything! I think it was a novelty for them to get to pick from the tray - it made it fun.

Here's the snack tray...



I think it's a great way for adults to snack too!

No comments:

Post a Comment