Friday, February 25, 2011

oh, my poor kidneys

Why, oh why, do I have to have kidney problems when I am pregnant? Seriously, I'm looking for advice. Last weekend, I woke up at two in the morning to a weird stomach ache, which then turned into a painful cramping, which led me to the hospital. Since I'm 6 months pregnant, I was whisked up to the maternity floor and diagnosed with a kidney infection. A week of antibiotics later, I am better, however, I fear that I am going to have a kidney stone attack.

When I was pregnant with my son, the same thing happened. I woke up in the middle of the night, went to the hospital and found out I had a kidney infection. Fast forward to three weeks after my son was born - I'm having a kidney stone attack that was more painful than his birth! So, you can see why I am fearful that I will have another attack in the future.

I have been drinking straight cranberry juice and eating cranberry pills, I don't even know if this will help prevent a stone?

Any advice?

Thanks :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, so sorry to hear! I would recommend you order the following right away: Kidney-Bladder (KB) formula, KB tea, superfood, & echinacea. Dr. Richard Schulze's products are by far the most pure & potent herbal products available & are inferior to none. Heal fast!
    Hugs,
    Hania

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always do a search about what not to eat that will cause kidney stones, I know someone who has a limited menu and still passes 30-40 a year, but for most people a change in diet does wonders. Good luck mama! I am kinda in the same boat, I am having gallbladder problems so my diet also had to be changed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to mention I am 8 months pregnant..

    ReplyDelete